THE MAN BEHIND ACTIONCOACH HEARTLAND
OUR HEAD COACH
In 2002 David & Lonna Drewelow co-founded ActionCOACH Heartland (ACH). Over the past 18 years, they have built a team of successful franchise partners and business coaches throughout Iowa and Nebraska.
For nearly two decades, David has guided hundreds of candidates through a process to help them learn what it would take to achieve their "ideal life." As a result, those interested in joining the ACH team can determine their potential "fit" with the franchise model offered in Iowa and Nebraska.
With David's leadership, the ACH team provides support to franchisees and coaches through weekly calls, 1-1 coaching, training events, quarterly planning meetings, marketing support, and by sponsoring territory and regional conferences.
David's focus is... "To inspire changed thinking!" He knows when people embrace that mindset they will get changed results, both in their life and their business.
David's priorities in life are his faith, family, and fun – and fun is where his 'work' comes in!
A passion of David's is to help people maximize their potential. and he stresses the importance of “...working harder on yourself than you do your job.“
Right out of college David spent a few years working in media which led to a 20-year career working with The Jerry Lewis Telethon and the Muscular Dystrophy Association. In 2002, he became an ActionCOACH master licensee and head coach for the Iowa and Nebraska territory.
In 2011, David became a founding partner of a new venture called The John Maxwell Team. As a result, he was on the ground floor with the development of a new leadership training and certification company led by best-selling author and leadership guru, Dr. John C. Maxwell.
FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Married to his wife Lonna since 1987, they have two boys and three grandsons. David is active in Rotary, local Christian groups, and serves as a music leader and youth sponsor at his church. David's passions in life are his grandsons, music, photography, travel, sports, and life long learning.
SPEAKER AND AUTHOR
As a public speaker for youth groups to business leaders, David has spoken to audiences around the globe, working with businesses, civic organizations, non-profits, and higher ed institutions. He co-authored his first book, “GPS for Success," in 2006. His next book, “The Boy with a Heart Moo Moo. Leadership Lessons from an Underdog" has a projected release date in 2023.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS:
- Association for Talent Development - Member
- SCORE - Business Owner Mentor & Franchise Advisor
- Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance - Member
- Rotary International - Past President, Past Metro Council Chair, Past District Trainer & Current District Public Image Chair
- American Association of Franchisees & Dealerships - Past Board Member
- Master Coaches Association of North America - Past Board Chair
- American Business Brokers Assoc - Past Member
- Rider's Club International - Past Board Chair
- Mount Mercy University Golf Classic - Past Board Chair
- Mission of Hope - Advisor
- Les Hale UNI Foundation - Past Board Member